Monday, February 16, 2009

Dirty Dancing the Stage Show?

Am I the only person who didn't know Dirty Dancing was turned into a musical and has been playing in both Canada and London? Hopefully not.

Anyhow, news has come out the Canadian production is closing after 850 performances. The London production has been playing to strong sales since 2006. The following year, the Canadian production began and producers say began to turn a profit this past December.

The show is expected to move to Broadway in the Fall.

While I've never been a fan of the movie (even I have a limit as to how girly my film viewing can go), but there are plenty of people I know who will probably be all about seeing the musical adaptation.

But I declare a boycott if there is no watermelon dancing onstage... and maybe Jennifer Grey can get some work, or publicity from the upcoming opening.

No comments:

Post a Comment